The position is responsible to ensure the proper recording of accounting transactions in order to accurately report the entity’s financial position and ensure timely recording of transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices. This position includes compiling, journalizing, and analyzing data and identifying issues and implementing solutions in order to prepare financial statements. Candidate will be required to reconcile general ledger accounts, assist with audit and SOX inquiries, and meet month, quarter and year end account closing deadlines. Candidate will be required to exercise independent judgment and may be asked to assist on special projects.
- Prepares journal entries, maintains & reconciles general ledger accounts including but not limited to recording cash activity, capitalization of assets, recording depreciation of assets, amortization of prepaid accounts, monthly accruals and payroll entries. Prepares intercompany invoices and recording of all intercompany invoices received from subsidiaries. Responsible to check all entries for accuracy before posting any journal entries to MFG Pro.
- Required to load and balance financial data into the TM1 consolidation system by the required time frame each month end close. All check files must be run after the TM1 load to ensure accuracy between TM1 and MFG Pro.
- Prepares and submits to the Sr. Accounting Manager all account reconciliations, including appropriate supporting documentation in a timely manner after every month end close for review and approval. Prepares and submits to the Sr. Accounting Manager completed journal entry binder and approved cost center reports in a timely manner after every month end close for final review and approval.
- Assist with audit and SOX requests during year end audits.
- Maintains adequate internal control procedures over financial reporting in accordance with SOX.
- Prepares and files government reports on a quarterly or annual basis, as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Minimum of 3 years of diversified general accounting experience.
PC knowledge, specifically Excel and Word and some ERP experience. Excellent communication skills.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com