We currently have a vacancy for a Finance Controller – Germany, located at our office in Heilbronn, Germany.
The successful candidate will be required to act as accounting manager supervising the accounting function at VPG entitles in Germany, namely, Heilbronn and Teltow.
- To be responsible for compliance with USGAAP and local GAAP accounting principles.
- To liaise with auditors and with other regulatory authorities.
- To be responsible for the design, operation and any needed modification to SOX procedures and controls.
- To oversee the preparation of tax provisions under the German Organschaft
- To act as supervisor over accounting staff
- To report to local managing directors and to Regional Controller, Europe.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure regular, timely and accurate monthly reporting of balances and results for the VPG German entities to the Group’s financial server (TM1)
- Liaise with payroll bureau and other advisors as required
- To ensure preparation and review of budgets and forecasts, and reporting to TM1
- To review or prepare requested responses to Group analytical review questionnaires
- To oversee and approve journals, balance sheet and control account reconciliations, and to resolve discrepancies
- To oversee, implement and report on internal control processes under SOX
- To ensure timely collections from customers, including dunning procedures if required.
- To oversee or prepare tax computations for German entities as required by the Organschaft
- To co-ordinate with the financial department of VPG and to ensure smooth running of the accounting functions
Good background in accounting to include at least 3 years in a similar group-reporting role
MFG PRO (QAD), SAP, MS Office, with good Excel skills, recognised degree / accounting qualification
2 direct reports in Heilbronn with one indirect report in Teltow
If you would be interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org