Reporting to the Manager, Project and Applications Engineering, the primary responsibility for the Engineering Technologist is to provide in house support for both the Applications group and the Project group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform design maintenance activities as assigned, which includes sourcing and evaluating replacement of obsolete parts, writing ECNs and NCRs, updating product manuals, updating lab test equipment and updating test procedures.
- Maintain and operate system staging facilities, setup of lab gages and participating in testing of new software releases, regression testing, Level 2 communication testing, recreation of reported issues.
- Setup of customer Crop Optimization Systems gages for FAT and Customer Training.
- Provide technical assistance to Production.Provide support to the Project Group as required, checking customer and manufacturing drawings, preparing Cost Estimates on non-inventory parts, and maintaining system records.
- Provide support to Applications group as required.
- Participate in new product design activities as assigned.
- 2 -5 years of experience
- experience with control, automation and electromechanical products and systems in an industrial, automotive, or aerospace environment, preferred, but, other markets will be considered.
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude, necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college diploma in a technology field with appropriate experience required
- P.Eng, C.E.T or similar designation desired
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Experience and knowledgeable on electrical, mechanical, computer and networking tools, such as digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, and other test/measuring equipment
- Read and understand technical documentation such as electrical schematics, mechanical outlines, network interconnect diagrams, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Experience with PLCs and Automation systems (use and design)
- Sound awareness and experience of industrial safety procedures
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of professionalism and diplomacy with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated strength in time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task/prioritize and be adaptable in a fast paced work environment
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required foreign travel, including working in customer manufacturing facilities.Incumbents shall have no impediments with traveling to all countries where KELK products are installed.