We currently have a vacancy for an Automotive Embedded Software Engineer located in our Bradford office.
Applicants will have experience of generating clear, well-documented, structured and reliable code on a variety of processors and microcontrollers. Fluent C is a pre-requisite. RTOS experience and a thorough understanding of the constraints and requirements of complex real time systems is essential, as is a working knowledge of Version Control Systems, especially Subversion.
Candidates must have experience of using automotive development tool chains and developing code to automotive standards and requirements including SAE-J1939 and ISO 26262 ASIL A-D.
Experience of developing code for AUTOSAR would be advantageous.
Candidates must be able to implement solutions within a clearly defined structure and produce portable modular code. Equally, they should be happy to assist in all stages of code design and adopt a common sense approach to implementation. They should have a ‘Can do’ attitude and a desire to produce high quality product and should be as happy debugging with an oscilloscope as a GUI.
An understanding of force and pressure measurement would be advantageous as would experience with precision A/D conversion. Any exposure to DSP implementation would also be beneficial.
Predominantly office based with occasional customer visits for review and project meetings. Must be willing to occasionally work offsite and overseas
Essential Job Functions
- Software programming and code development
- Generation of software architecture and communication protocols on a variety of microprocessors and microcontrollers. CANOpen / J1939, I2C, RS232
- Use of version control systems
Required Experience and Skills
- < >C
RTOS (preferably Freescale MQX)
- VCS (SVN/CVS)
- Serial Communications, preferably CAN Bus
- Automotive development tools
- < >
ISO 26262, ASIL A-D
- A variety of debug and development environments
- Code development for AUTOSAR
- Freescale Power PC
- Freescale HCS12
- < >
- < >
- < >
A/D conversion and Signal Processing
- Working knowledge of mathematical modelling software (such as Matlab or Simulink)
- Automotive product qualification
- The candidate will ideally possess a degree in a relevant discipline or HNC/HND with appropriate experience and having had several years’ industrial experience post qualification
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to Linda.email@example.com