Reporting to the Manager, Project and Applications Engineering, the Applications Specialist-Field Service is responsible for providing technical support for Kelk optical products, provide installation supervision and commissioning services, provide scheduled and unscheduled annual service, provide office to site support, via email, phone and remote connection, provide product training to customers on site and in house, participate in pre-shipping Factory Acceptance Testing, provide feedback for development of new products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Commissioning and Field Service
- Pre-Commissioning Activities: Insure the readiness for commissioning through the use of the SPS, Site Progress Summary and weekly customer contact.
- On Site Activities: Installation Supervision, Cold Commissioning, Hot Commissioning, Performance Tests, Customer Training, Weekly Site Reports, and Commissioning Sign Off documents.
- Post Commissioning Activities: As Commissioned Drawings, Visit Reports, Expense Report, follow up on action items, update system configuration files, host in house Commissioning Review Meeting, provide customer feedback
- Support the Project Coordinator in carrying out pre-shipping activities: System Test, Factory Acceptance Testing, Customer Training
- Testing new Software releases
- Updating drawings, part lists, manuals, training material
- Design Maintenance activities ,creating Engineering Change Notices, ECN
- Participate in assignments related to New Product Development
- Providing support to the Project Team as required
- Provide technical support to Sales Team on product applications
- Provide technical support to the Production department
- Validating new product versions
- 5~10 years of experience with control, automation and electromechanical products and systems in an industrial, automotive, or aerospace environment, preferred, but, other markets will be considered.
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude, necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or Post-secondary education (Diploma) in a technology field with appropriate experience required
- P.Eng, C.E.T or similar designation desired
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Experience and knowledgeable on electrical, mechanical, computer and networking tools, such as digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, and other test/measuring equipment
- Read and understand technical documentation such as electrical schematics, mechanical outlines, network interconnect diagrams, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Experience with PLCs and Automation systems (use and design)
- Sound awareness and experience of industrial safety procedures
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required foreign travel, including working in customer manufacturing facilities.Incumbents shall have no impediments to their traveling to all countries in which KELK products are installed.