To drive the division’s design-in effort while maximizing variable margin dollars through increased new product revenue within the assigned territory. The position is fully responsible for coordinating all technical activities, including applications support, customer design-in and customer qualification. The position can only be successfully accomplished with a thorough understanding of division products, customer applications, applicable technology, competitive forces and product costs. Supports policies & procedure to promote continuous improvements to the quality of the product.
- Drive customer design-in activities in conjunction with the Field Design Engineers and divisional management staff.
- Provide applications support and sales assistance for the customer’s technical and purchasing staff.
- When on business travel, the target is 2-3 customer visits per day with a focus on design engineers, minimum 125 visits per year with a target of 150+. One customer visit per day is acceptable when local to the office or after an approval in advance is given by the regional sales manager.
- Keep all demo instruments in good working order and available and shipment from place to place (inform manager immediately if the Instruments need repair)
- Customer visit reports must detail meeting date, location, contact information, meeting duration, discussion topics and any applicable action items.
- Determine new product opportunities and prepare / provide supporting documentation.
- Negotiate the technical requirements for customer specific qualification documents
- Review customer specifications and recommend P/N’s.
- Provide product training and technical presentations to our customers.
- Coordinate with Field Design Engineers for additional customer technical support, and assist FDEs with Strain Gage Workshops and Straintalk as required.
- B.S. Engineering or equivalent, BSEE . A working knowledge of strain measurement theory and strain measurement technology is required.
- 10 years’ experience in technical sales, product marketing or design engineering within the electronics industry. Experience in dealing with division’s product line is a definite benefit
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 10 years
Please submit qualified resumes to email@example.com