Reports to: Manager - Purchase, India
Our VPG Force Sensors division is looking for a "Buyer" for its Chennai Plant at Oragadam.
The major role of this position are to
- Should Monitor, Control OTD from Subcontractor and establish procurement against Demand & MSL.
- Execute cost reduction plan in Subcontracting item & Departmental expenses.
- Should perform Vendor audits.
- Should study drawings, decide and approve manufacturing processes like machining, heat treatment, plating, polishing etc.
- Identify New vendors and develop parts for samples and final procurement.
- Should plan for documentation for sending materials to vendor place and ensure it get dispatched as per the plan.
- Ensure zero compliance from 3rd party Auditors/ Internal Auditors.
The Ideal Candidate will have/be:
- B.E Mechanical or Electronics with PGDMM added advantage
- Having 4 to 5 years experience in Subcontract activities.
- Good knowledge in Supply Chain Management/ JIT/ Inventory Management.
- Good Communication / Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work as part of Team, Initiative, Adherence to procedure, etc.
Interested candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org